Since there are five “2s” in today’s date (07/22/2022), I thought I’d provide 10 quotes to lighten your day. None are original, so don’t blame me!
- When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
- It is not my fault that I never learned to accept responsibility!
- Sometimes I wake up grumpy; other times I let him sleep.
- Ham and eggs—a day’s work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
- I don’t deserve this award, but I have arthritis and I don’t deserve that either.
- You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
- Whoever said anything is possible never tried slamming a revolving door!
- “When I was a boy, the Dead Sea was only sick.” — George Burns
- “Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.” — Alan Dundes
- “I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then I want to move in with them.” —Phyllis Diller
I love #7, slamming a revolving door. I’ll use that I’m quite sure. Thanks for the laughs.
I appreciate that you do Fun Fridays with your blog. I look forward to them, especially after a long week.
All very funny, except for #6, which is painfully true.
This is great!!! Love it!
Patti Jo Moore
These are great – – thank you for sharing!
Laughter is the best medicine, for sure. 🙂
These made me smile.
George Burns was one of my favorite comedians. “Say goodnight, Gracie.”
So funny, so true! (I have to admit I was looking for the “Like” button…sigh)
Linda Riggs Mayfield
#6 and Sy’s comment about it have been particularly relevant to me on Facebook this week, but with a twist. I got called a disgusting name by a complete stranger in response to something I wrote that she misunderstood! Remaining “silent” is sometimes a good practice on FB, too. ;-D
Sheri Dean Parmelee, Ph.D.
Number ten is my favorite! Thanks for brightening our day, Steve!
Kristen Joy Wilks
I don’t deserve this award … ha!