Here are the show notes for the most recent episode of the Christian Publishing Show.
You can listen to this episode here.
The following is an outline we used for the episode. Don’t forget to listen to the episode for more details.
One of the most frequent questions we get is about how to launch your book. Specifically, what do you do in the month before and after your book comes out.
We have created a Book Launch Blueprint on how to launch your book, and we will give you an overview of that whole process here today.
Joining me today is bestselling author Mary DeMuth. She has launched over 30 books, both fiction and nonfiction; and her books are currently in 5 different languages around the world.
I am also joined by James L Rubart, bestselling author and the winner of 5 Christy awards. Also, he’s our most frequent guest due to the fact that I co-host my other podcast, Novel Marketing, with him.
For everyone else who won’t get into the course, we’re going to have a quick overview.
GET READY Days 1 – 5
This week is about laying the foundation for success.
What marketing is and how to sell yourself (even if you’re an introvert)
- Find the bigger “why.”
- You have an obligation to the truth God has given you to share it as broadly as possible.
How to develop your author brand and present it powerfully to readers
- Look in the mirror.
- Look at your readers.
- Look through your readers.
- Look in your reader’s mirror.
How to writing best-selling copy
- The key to writing best-selling copy is to realize that people don’t care about you.
How to build a rabid tribe of fans
- Know the needs of your audience and give them more of what they ask for.
How to create a launch team
- What is a launch team?
- The care and feeding of your launch team
- Saturday BONUS session: Interview with Anna LeBaron, the queen of book launching. And how to keep consistency in your branding across all platforms
GET SET Days 8 – 12
Learn the best email strategies for launching your book
- We will talk about how to build your list if your book launch is far away.
- We will talk about how to email around your launch.
- Pro Tip: You can get away with a higher than normal sending rate during your launch.
How to build a media calendar
- A media calendar is the foundation of your PR campaign. It is a schedule of all your interviews, promotional activities and advertisements.
- Everything in one place, planned out ahead of time.
The best ways to use Amazon
- Author Central – explore!
- If you are indie publishing your book, your Amazon page is perhaps the most important page about your book on the internet. You want to make sure it is 100% ready for your launch before the launch.
- Amazing Cover
- Amazing Back Cover Copy
- Clean “Also Boughts”
- Lots of reviews. (This is where your launch team comes in.) Have your launch team buy your book!
How to maximize the impact of your website
- Thomas will talk about how to prepare your website for the launch and synthesize all his website advice into a focused session.
How to write content that will get you guest slots on leading blogs and websites
- Getting featured on popular blogs and websites can be key to a successful launch. In this session we will talk about how to make that happen.
Saturday BONUS Video: Create a powerful lead page & other strategies
GO! Days 15 – 19
Your three best friends the moment you launch
A good launch is all about leveraging three things:
The power of GoodReads to sell more books
- GoodReads is popular with the super readers. The kind of readers who will take a risk on a new book from a new author.
What to do on launch day
- This is the big day, a day you will want to take off of work to work but also celebrate.
- Consider hosting a launch party for your family and friends in real life.
- Consider hosting a launch party online.
How to nail media interviews
- A bad interview is worse than no interview at all.
- You are not the star of the show.
- Soundbite crafting
- Practice, practice, practice …
What is next for your launch strategy?
- What do you do the 30 days AFTER your launch day?
- How do you keep the momentum going?
- Two hours a day for three weeks course.
- We all go through the course together, so once registration closes, it closes.
- We have a private Facebook group, so we get feedback from Thomas, Mary, and Jim, as well as insights from other students.
- The course costs $499, and registration ends soon.
- Money-back guarantee.
- Feb 11 through March 1.
- Lifetime access to the course and secret Facebook group.
You can find out more at BookLaunch.fun here.