Here are the show notes for the most recent episode of the Christian Publishing Show.
You can listen to this episode here.
Is book promotion a sin? How should Christians think about marketing?
Joining us today to discuss these questions is Shelley Hitz. She specializes in helping Christian nonfiction authors write, publish and market their books through her online coaching program, Author Audience Academy.
Shelley, welcome to the Christian Publishing Show!
- Let’s just cut to the chase. Is promoting your own book a sin?
- Marketing is getting your message out there.
- How do you examine your motives?
- Our motives are complicated.
- How do Christian authors handle fame?
- The trap of false humility.
- How can Christians promote their own books biblically?
- How do authors handle the fear of success and fear of notoriety?
- How do Christian authors promote their books humbly?
- What advice do you have for the author who hates marketing?
- Where can people find out more about you?
More About Shelley
As an author coach, self-publishing expert, and book marketing strategist; Shelley Hitz is on a mission to help you reach more people with your message. She has coached thousands of authors through her books, training programs, online events, seminars, and more. She specializes in helping Christian nonfiction authors write, publish, and market their books through her online coaching program, Author Audience Academy. Find out more about Shelley and download her free training at TrainingAuthors.com.
Where to Find Shelley Online:
Featured Christian Writers Institute Course
As a Christian author, what motivates you to write for publication? Is it money? Or something greater? Novelist Jack Cavanaugh explores the motive beyond financial gain and offers insight into true success.
Normally, I tell you to use coupon code “podcast” to save 10%, but this course is free!