Here are the show notes for the most recent episode of the Christian Publishing Show.
You can listen to this episode here.
How do books cross the pond into the international market? What mistakes should you avoid and how do you make your book more compatible with international markets? To help us answer these questions we will be talking with
Jim Elwell is the Director of International Publishing at Tyndale House Publishers. Having first joined Tyndale in 1984, he has thirty-five years of experience in the Christian publishing field. He has served in the areas of marketing, sales management, domestic and foreign rights licensing management, exports sales, and general publishing management. His work in international publishing requires travel to many different countries each year.
- Why would an author want their book to sell internationally?
- How is the international market different from the domestic market?
- How can an author make a book more international market friendly?
- What are some of the challenges of taking a book internationally?
- What is the process for translating a book?
- What are some of the regional differences in taste?
- What are some mistakes that publishers make when approaching the international market?
- Tell us about Tyndale House Publishers
- Where can people find out more about you.
Sponsor Christian Writers Institute
Write around the world! A one-hour audio presentation.
Hoping for a paid vacation? Is travel writing your ticket? Maybe. In this one hour audio presentation, Holly Miller, former Senior Editor of The Saturday Evening Post and travel writer, explores the ins and outs of writing travel articles: where to go, research, what to include in your article, tips for travel, and more.
Use coupon code “podcast” to save 10% at checkout.
The post 033 International Publishing with Tyndale House Publishers Jim Elwell appeared first on Christian Publishing Show.