Whenever I go out, strangers offer unsolicited compliments about some aspect of my appearance, usually my hair or clothing. From this fact alone, I might decide that people like my style. Perhaps I should write a book!
But aside from the fact I have no desire to write a style book, there are other reasons why starting this project doesn’t make sense for me:
- I’m not well known outside of a few small circles.
- I’m not sought after for photographs by the media.
- I’m not a fashion model.
- I have no special training or knowledge in fashion.
- I have no influential friends in the fashion or beauty industries.
- My style won’t work for everyone.
- I don’t blog about style.
- I don’t have any social-media outlets dedicated to being stylish.
For me, simply enjoying this part of my life is enough. If I decide to write nonfiction in the future, perhaps I’ll tackle another Bible trivia book!
Next week we’ll talk about authors seeking to be successful in nonfiction publishing.
What part of your life could you write a book about?
Do you have an interesting hobby that you might write a book about?