Since Valentine’s Day is near, we have plenty of time to read romance novels before the big hearts, flowers, and candy day arrives! Here are some excellent reasons to read terrific Christian romance novels before and after February 14:
- Christian romance novels emphasize the couple’s relationship with the Lord. Many secular stories never reveal the characters’ spiritual lives. Readers can reach the end without knowing whether they’ve read about Christians or New Agers. Christian romance novels allow characters to express their faith naturally and organically. The characters experience faith to such a large extent that if the author deleted the character’s spirituality, the character wouldn’t exist.
- Christian romance novels emphasize relationships over chemistry. While readers want great stories featuring attractive couples, the narrative doesn’t linger on physical attributes. By virtue of this tone, readers can enjoy the couple’s developing relationship that will be the basis of a lifetime commitment rather than fleeting erotic curiosity.
- Christian romance novels honor the Lord. The reader knows the author shares their worldview, celebrating His Majesty’s place as Ruler and Creator of the World. While the couple must overcome internal and external conflicts before the romance can proceed, the reader won’t encounter approval of evil or attempts to debunk Christianity.
- Christian romance novels show the basis of lifetime relationships. By the end of the story, the reader understands the couple is committed to each other through shared faith and values. The reader knows the couple plans to respect the Lord through commitment.
- Christian romance novels demonstrate how to live and love as a Christian. Enough said.
Happy reading, and happy Valentine’s Day!