This annual list, now in its 22nd year, is a great resource. This year’s collection has 40 new additions (which makes it even nicer to continue to be included). It’s organized into ten categories with our site in the category of “Genre/Niche” under the subheading of “Spiritual.”
I scour many of the sites in this list already, most by using an RSS reader. It is truly remarkable how much great material is available with the click of a few keys.
Included in this year’s list are a few of our friends!
- Fight Write by Carla Hoch. (She is a client and her book Fight Write came out from Writers Digest recently. If you write fiction that has fight scenes, you need this book!
- Go Teen Writers hosted by Jill Williamson, Stephanie Morrill, and Shannon Dittemore (Jill is one of the authors for Enclave Publishing).
- The Kill Zone hosted by 11 top writers, including James Scott Bell who posts once a week.
- The Write Conversation hosted by Edie Melson, author and co-director of the Blue Ridge Christian Writers conference. Many wonderful writers from our industry contribute every day.
- Author Media by Thomas Umstattd, Jr. who hosts our Christian Publishing Show podcast every Tuesday.
Other great sites include those from Jane Friedman, Joanna Penn, Writer Unboxed, and many more. Writers Digest does not post the list online for free. You have to subscribe to the magazine or buy the individual issue, which you can do at this link for $6.99 (price is current as of this writing). But it may be worth the investment to create your own catalog of must-read blogs, sites, and resources.